Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Must Confess -or- March 13th

So I must confess, I am not going to be able to run the half marathon in April. Due to my cold and recent stress from work, I have fallen behind in my training and after a week of trying to catch up I realized I basically need to start over. Which in turn means I am not prepared to run 13.1 miles in a month. So I've decided to do the 5k on April 16th and shoot for a half marathon towards then end of summer. (Most likely the Provo Half or Thanksgiving Point.) This is in no way a defeat, just a set back -as we all have them. I do plan on doing a few runs starting in May that will keep me motivated towards this goal of mine. And since my training is not as exciting lately, I feel that a weekly update of my routines will suffice.

March 10th
3.25 miles @ 50 mins
~What a terrible run. I felt so out of shape.

March 12th
1 mile
~Some serious stretching. I felt some shin splints coming on. Again, I felt so out of shape.

Like I said before, I don't stop. I may slow down or change stride, but I don't stop. I'm not stopping, just taking a detour. :)

2 comments:

  1. We all have setbacks. It's great that instead of just abandoning your goals, you've reframed them to a different course. Just don't stop, and you'll get there. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am okay with detours, as long as you get there eventually:-) I heart you!

    ReplyDelete